Creating groups of users is a way to segment your user base into specific groups for reporting and course assignment purposes. For example, you could create groups to match certain departments in your company or organization (e.g., Marketing or Finance). If you’ve created groups in your account and are ready to add users to them, this article outlines how you can do so.
Please note: Groups are available with the Enterprise Plan only.
- Learn how to create user groups.
- Learn how to invite users to your Udemy Business account.
- Learn how group admins can add users to groups.
Adding users to a group
Once you’ve created groups in your account, you can assign users to them by following these steps:
1) Navigate to Manage at the top of the page, and select Manage Users
2) Locate the user by entering their name or email address into the search tool, or by selecting multiple users via the multi-select checkbox.
3) Once you’ve located the user you wish to add to a group, click the ellipses on the right side of their profile icon. You can also access these options on the user’s profile page.
4) Select Add to a Group.
5) Select the group or groups that you wish to add the user to.
6) Click Save Changes.
Adding users to groups in bulk by selecting multiple users
To add multiple users to a group, please do the following:
- Select the users using the checkbox to the left of their name.
- Once the users are selected, a panel will appear and you can select ‘Add to group’.
- This will prompt a modal that will allow you to choose which groups to add the users to.
Adding Users to Groups in bulk via CSV import
Users can also be added to groups via a CSV import. For steps on how to add users to your account and groups in bulk, please click here.
How to remove a user from a group
For more information on managing users and groups in your account, please review our Navigating User Management article.