Learning reminders can help you stay on track with your learning goals and remind you when it’s time to resume your Udemy Business courses. This article outlines how you can schedule learning reminders on the Udemy Business mobile app.
- Learn how to schedule learning calendar events for courses and labs while accessing Udemy Business on a browser.
How to set learning reminders on the Udemy Business mobile app
You can set up learning reminders on your mobile device, and receive push notifications for them, by following the steps below.
- Please note that currently learning calendar events, and not learning reminders, can be scheduled for labs.
1. Open the Udemy Business app on your device and tap Account at the bottom-right.
2. Next, tap Push notifications and then Learning reminders.
3. Toggle the learning reminders feature to on (note: you will be directed to the notification settings on your device to enable notifications on the Udemy Business app, if they are not already allowed).
4. Tap Frequency.
5. Select the days and times you wish to receive learning reminders.
How to change your learning reminders
If you wish to change when you receive learning reminders on your mobile device, follow these steps.
1. Navigate to the Frequency page on your device following the steps outlined above.
2. Simply select new days and times for when you wish to receive the learning reminders.
How to stop learning reminders
If you need to stop learning reminders on your mobile device, navigate to the Learning reminders page following the steps outlined above. Next, toggle Allow reminders to off.
If you want to watch your Udemy Business courses on the television, you can do so by casting the course videos from our mobile app to a Chromecast or Apple TV device, or an AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
You can download the Udemy Business mobile app by clicking here.
How to Cast Videos With an iOS Mobile Device
To cast your course videos to the television, via your iOS and AirPlay device, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure the mobile device you're using is on the same Wi-Fi network as your AirPlay device and a casting icon will appear.
2. Open the course you wish to watch and tap the casting icon.
3. A dialog with available devices will appear. Select the device you wish to cast to.
4. Once you're connected a casting notification will appear on your device.
How to Cast Courses With an Android Mobile Device
To cast videos to a Chromecast-compatible screen please follow these steps:
1. Please be sure the mobile device you're using to cast is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device, or a Smart-TV with Chromecast, so that the casting icon appears.
2. Tap the Chromecast icon to choose the device you wish to cast to.
3. The screen will notify you when your device is connected and streaming to Chromecast.
4. To see additional details of the cast, tap the Chromecast icon.
5. If you wish to enlarge the view tap on the image.
6. To stop casting the course, tap the Chromecast icon again and select Stop Casting.
Designed to help drive learning at your organization, learning paths help you achieve learning outcomes by enabling you to combine high-quality Udemy Business courses with all types of resources. Learn more about creating a learning path here.
To access learning paths on your iOS or Android device, click My learning. You’ll see all the learning paths that you’ve enrolled in here.
To browse public learning paths created by colleagues in your organization, click Discover. From here, click Learning paths under My Organization.
If you don’t see any learning paths, make sure you have the latest version of the application. If you have the latest version of the application and don’t see any learning paths, you may not have any learning paths in your organization. Learn how to create a learning path.
Many Udemy Business courses feature lectures that include supplemental resources as a means to enhance the learning experience of the course. These resources can quickly be accessed and viewed on the Udemy Business iOS app.
How to Access Resources on The iOS App
Lectures that include supplementary resources will have Resources posted under the lecture title, on the course curriculum page.
To access the resources, tap on the lecture title and hold for a moment or two. An options menu will appear. Tap on Resources for Lectures.
A list of the available resources will come up.
Tap on the resource(s) you would like to review.
If you plan on being disconnected from the internet, entire courses, course sections, and course lectures can be saved for offline viewing via our mobile app.
- Practice activities like quizzes and practice tests, etc. cannot be downloaded and completed offline.
- Course content that has been downloaded for offline viewing on the Udemy Business mobile app will expire after 30 days. To regain access to the downloaded content, simply connect your mobile device to the internet.
Saving Courses for Offline Viewing on iOS
1. Tap My learning at the bottom of the screen and select the course you wish to download.
2. On the course curriculum page, tap the download icon that appears under the course title.
3. Tap Download Course.
If you want to download just a specific lecture or section to your iOS device, tap the download icon that appears beside the corresponding lecture or section title.
You can also tap More on the course curriculum page, and then toggle the Download Course option.
Saving Courses for Offline Viewing on Android
1. Tap My learning at the bottom of the screen and select the course you wish to download.
2. Tap the ellipses in the upper right hand corner while viewing a lecture.
3. Next, tap Save for Offline
If you want to download just a specific lecture or section to your Android device, tap the download icon next to the section or lecture title. Once the download is complete, the icon will turn color. After the lecture has been downloaded, you can watch it an offline setting by tapping the lecture title.
Please note: how much storage the course requires on your device varies depending on the course. You can save storage by changing the quality of the video download in Account and changing the video download quality.
Important: once the downloaded content has been watched, in order for the course progress to sync with your Udemy Business account, it's necessary to bring the mobile device back online by connecting to Wifi or cellular data (and open the Udemy Business mobile app once more).
Many Udemy Business courses feature lectures that include supplemental resources as a means to enhance the learning experience of the course. These resources can quickly be accessed and viewed on the Udemy Business Android app.
How to Access Resources on The Android App
Please follow these steps to access the resource files on your Android mobile device:
1. Navigate to the course page
2. Swipe to the More tab
3. Tap the Resources section
4. You will see a list of the resources files that are available to view. If the resources are PDF files, you can go to step 5 to learn how to download them to your mobile device.
5. Tap the vertical ellipses in the upper right side of the screen
6. Tap Download
To access the downloaded PDF file outside of the app, please go to Internal storage > Download and open it with your reader program.
The majority of courses in the Udemy Business content collection offer a Udemy certificate of completion. This article explains how you can access your certificate of completion on Udemy’s mobile app.
- Learn how to download your certificate of completion on a browser.
- Learn how to change the language or name for your certificate.
How to access your certificate of completion on Udemy’s mobile app
1. After you have completed all of the curriculum items of the course, tap More.
2. Next, tap Course certificate.
3. The certificate will look similar to the image below. To download the certificate, click Download.
- Practice test courses do not offer a certificate of completion (please note: custom courses for organizations, which only feature practice test lectures, can offer a certificate of completion if enabled by the course creator).
- Unlike the course taking experience via the Udemy marketplace, lectures cannot be marked as complete and the course progress cannot be reset.
It is at the discretion of your organization’s administrators whether or not learners can share their certificates to social media platforms. Learn more about sharing certificates of completion.
FAQ and troubleshooting steps
More information regarding certificates of completion, and troubleshooting steps if you’re unable to view certificates are available in our certificates FAQ.
The Notes feature is a quick way to mark important points of a lecture so you can quickly return to it in the future. This article outlines how you can create and access Notes on the Udemy Business mobile app.
How to access and create notes on the Udemy Business mobile app
To access the notes feature in the Udemy Business mobile app, tap More (as seen below) within the course taking experience and then Notes. Here you can access all existing notes and create new notes.
All the notes that you create in a course will be added across all your devices, desktop, mobile, and tablet. Please note that only you can view the text for the notes you created.
To create a new note while taking your course on the iOS app, tap Create new on the right-hand side of the Notes screen.
If you’re using the Android mobile app, you can create a new note by tapping the + icon.
How to edit and delete notes on the mobile app
If you wish to edit or delete a note you’ve made, tap on the ellipses that appears to the right of the note. The edit and delete option will appear.
Deleting Saved Lectures on the iOS App
If you’ve saved lectures for offline viewing on the Udemy Business iOS app, you can delete them from your device in several ways.
Delete a Single Saved Lecture
If you wish to delete a single lecture from your iOS device, please follow these steps:
1. On the Course Curriculum, if the lecture has been downloaded for offline viewing, then the download icon to the right of the lecture title will be colored in.
2. Tap on the download icon.
3. Tap Remove Download at the bottom of the screen to remove the lecture.
Delete an Entire Saved Course
If you have saved an entire course for offline viewing, you can remove it from your iOS device by doing the following:
1. From the Course Curriculum, tap on the download icon that appears under the course title.
2. Tap Remove Downloads to delete the downloaded content from your device.
You can also delete downloaded courses from your device by tapping More on the course curriculum page, and then the Download course toggle. The option to Remove Downloads will appear.
Deleting Offline Ready Content From The Account Settings
You can also delete all the lectures you’ve saved from your Account settings and the Your downloaded courses screen. To do so, follow these steps below:
- Tap on the Account icon at the bottom right.
- Next, tap Your downloaded courses
- Select the content you wish to delete by tapping on Remove.
Deleting Saved Lectures on the Android App
If you’ve saved lectures for offline viewing on the Udemy Business Android app, you can delete them from your device in the following ways.
If you wish to delete a single lecture from your Android device, please follow these steps:
1. From the Course Curriculum, tap on the colored in download icon, which appears beside lectures that have been saved for offline viewing.
2. A 1 download removed message will appear.
- From the Course Curriculum, tap More.
- Next, select Delete course downloads.
You can also delete all the offline content at once, by heading to the System Settings > Application Manager > Udemy, and choose the Clear Cache option (please note: these settings may vary depending on the Android OS and device model). After clearing the cache, you will have to log back into the Udemy app.
Please remember that the Udemy app design can vary, depending on the device and model that is being used. If you have any additional questions regarding how to delete saved lectures from the Udemy app, please contact support.