If you wish to temporarily deactivate a user and then return them to your Udemy Business account (eg. employees on long vacations, reinstatement of contractors), or if you need to revoke deactivation (eg. the user was deactivated by mistake), reactivation options are available.
- After a user is reactivated, they will retain the role, groups and permissions they held at the time of deactivation and they can resume taking courses where they left off.
Please note that you can only reactivate a user if they have been deactivated. To review who is inactive, use the Deactivated filter in the sidebar menu of the User management page.
- Learn how to navigate to the User management page.
How to reactivate a user in your Udemy Business account
Accounts that log in via email and password
1. Click on the ellipses (or actions menu) to the right of the user’s name and select Reactivate User.
2. You will be prompted to confirm the reactivation. Once a user is reactivated, they will be automatically allocated a license again and can access their account as they did before.
Accounts that require SSO login
If your users must access their Udemy Business account through single sign-on (SSO), then how they can be reactivated will depend on whether you have enabled the automatic reactivation option in your Udemy Business SSO settings (see below).
- Automatic reactivation option is disabled: you will need to reactivate the user in your Identity provider as well as manually in your Udemy Business account (by following the same steps outlined for accounts accessed via SSO or email and password).
- Automatic reactivation option is enabled: you will need to reactivate the user in your Identity provider only. The user will be automatically reactivated when they log in to their Udemy Business account once again via SSO.
Accounts provisioned through System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM)
For Udemy Business accounts managed via SCIM, you must reactivate the user directly in your organization’s identity provider (provided the user’s personal identifiable information has not been anonymized).
You can also choose to send an email notification to the reactivated user notifying them that they can access Udemy Business again. Please note: The language of the email confirmation will match the language set for the user's account.