This article answers frequently asked questions about the Skills Benchmarks feature, available in the Skill Insights dashboard.
Frequently asked questions
- What are Skills Benchmarks?
- Where can I access the feature?
- What are the most common use cases for the data?
- Why does this data matter?
- Who is this report for?
- Why do benchmarks not appear in my dashboard?
What are Skills Benchmarks?
Skills Benchmarks is a Skill Insights dashboard feature that allows admins and group admins to view popular skills within their organization and compare those skills to industry benchmarks.
By surfacing benchmarks on industry trends, customers can see how they’re tracking against other companies across a range of skills.
Where can I access the feature?
Skills benchmarks can be accessed alongside other insights in the Skill Insights dashboard (Learn more).
What are the most common use cases for the data?
Some of the primary uses for this data include:
- Redirect your employees toward more relevant learning
- Understand the skill levels within your organization and how that compares to your industry
- See what skills gaps you should address in your learning strategy
Why does this data matter?
With Skills Benchmarks, you can compare your Udemy Business learning trends, not only within your own organization, but also across other companies in your industry.
Who is this report for?
The dashboard is for all admins and group admins.
Why do benchmarks not appear in my dashboard?
We aim to provide the most accurate and meaningful comparisons when it comes to providing benchmarks. To make sure we are delivering the most valuable insights, and to maintain data privacy and integrity, Udemy provides anonymized, amalgamated benchmarks if more than 5 companies fulfill the comparison group criteria of :
- Company size