This article explains what actions learners must take in their Udemy Business account in order to be considered ‘active’, so that their learning is captured in Insights and Reporting for admins and groups admins to review.
Learner engagement in Udemy Business: What activity will be recorded
The following actions are considered activity in Udemy Business and will be recorded within Insights and reporting for admins and group admins:
- Enrollment of a course (either self-enrolled or assigned)
- Progress through a video lecture (in chunks of 15 seconds)
- Completion of a lecture
- Attempt of a practice activity
- Completion of a practice activity
- Completion of a course
- Reviewing/rating a course
So long as a user has taken one of the above actions during the selected time frame, they are considered active and will be included in data export reports.
What is recorded in User activity dashboard and exports
When viewing the User activity dashboard the number of active users is counted as a percentage of the total number of users who were licensed in the account during the time range selected. This includes any users that joined (visited for the first time) before the end of the time range. It may also include deactivated users, if they were deactivated after the start of the time range. By calculating it this way, we ensure that all activity that occurred during the time range is included in the calculations.
- The Active User Base pie chart that is located under the User Activity dashboard, includes users who have been active in their Udemy Business account by taking at least one of the actions listed above in the selected timeframe. The number of active users shown under the Active User Base pie chart should match the count of users shown in the User Activity report.
- The User Activity Report (active users), which can be downloaded from the User Activity dashboard, includes any user who was active in their account during the selected time frame. Any users that are currently deactivated at the time of export will be marked deactivated in the report.
- The User Activity Report (All Users), which can also be downloaded from the User Activity dashboard, includes all users in the account, regardless of if they were active during the selected time range. This enables you to identify users that have not been active so that you can take steps to re-engage them in learning.
Activated versus deactivated users
Learn more about the difference between activated and deactivated users and how it impacts admin reporting.