This article outlines troubleshooting steps you can take if you’re encountering an error notification while viewing courses, which states there is a problem with your system settings.
Are you encountering other video playback issues? Please follow these troubleshooting steps.
How to resolve the “Problem with your system settings” error
If you’re encountering the “Problem with your system settings” error notification, please follow the steps below. Note: Depending on your device settings and permissions, you may need to contact your organization’s IT team for assistance.
- Update your browser to ensure you’re using the latest version.
- If you’re on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, please verify that you are allowing protected content to play on your device. If any of these settings are disabled, then once enabled, clear your browser’s cache once more prior to checking if video content will now load.
- Learn how Chrome users can manage protected content. You must allow sites to play protected content. If you are using Google Chrome in a Windows environment, you will also need to allow sites to identify your device.
- Learn how Firefox users can manage protected content. The Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc. must be set to ‘Always activate’.
- Edge users can navigate to edge://settings/content/protectedContent and ensure that both settings for playing protected content and identifiers for protected content are toggled to the ‘On’ position.
If you're using a supported version of Chrome or Edge, and the above steps don’t resolve the issue, please do the following:
- If you’re using Chrome, enter chrome://components/ into the URL bar at the top of your browser. Enter edge://components/ if you’re using Edge.
- Next, navigate to Widevine Content Decryption Module.
- Update the Widevine Content Decryption Module to ensure you have the latest version.