This article outlines how you can interact with workspaces in Udemy Business courses.
Please note: Workspaces are only available to Udemy Business Pro users.
What is a workspace?
A workspace is a virtual, technical environment, which helps learners become more proficient by enabling them to practice real-world, hands-on activities designed by top instructors. Workspaces are provided for users to get hands-on learning while they take the course.
Which Udemy Business courses have Azure workspaces?
Workspaces are currently available for the following Azure courses:
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam Prep - MAY 2022
- AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Exam Certification 2021
- AZ-204 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure - MAY 2022
- Exam AZ-305 - Designing Azure Infrastructure Solutions 2022
How to access Azure workspaces
Users who have access to workspaces can follow the steps below:
1. Once you have enrolled in one of the above listed courses, click on the Workspaces tab in the course player. NOTE: The workspaces tab is only available in the Azure courses listed above.
2. Then click on the Launch button to open the workspace. The Azure workspace credentials window will open.
3. Next, click on the Open workspace button.
4. You will see a Microsoft login window. Copy the username from the credentials window and paste it here and click the Next button.
5. Copy the password from the credentials window and paste it underneath Enter Password. Then click the Sign In button.
After you have entered the credentials, the Azure workspace will open.
To end the workspace instance, either close the Azure workspace or click on the End button in the Udemy Business course player. You can also share any comments or feedback by clicking the Report Issue button.
Please note that workspaces are only available for three hours. After three hours the workspace will end. You can create a new workspace, however, in case you would like to practice hands-on skills.
If you have launched a workspace and have been idle for at least 30 minutes, you will be asked if you would like to extend or end your session.
Workspaces have a budget limit on available resources. When the resource limit is reached, the session may be terminated.
Workspace sessions and restrictions
Some services are restricted: Workspaces allow you to access most of the functionality of a full Azure account. But some services are restricted (IE: IAM, larger instance types.) If you try to launch a restricted service, you will see a permissions error. If there is a service that you’d like to use please let us know.
- Review more important information about workspace sessions and restrictions on Udemy.