This article outlines DevOps labs and how to access them.
- Learn more about the lab's learning experience.
- Please note: labs are only available to Udemy Business Pro users.
What labs are available in beta?
We currently have a limited set of DevOps labs available in beta but we plan to introduce additional DevOps labs in the coming months.
Note: Please be aware that you may experience performance limitations during the beta phase.
How to access DevOps labs
1. Click on the Labs tab on your Udemy Business home page or in My learning.
2. Click Explore labs. This will take you to the labs’ overview page, where you can view all available labs.
3. From the labs overview page, click on the DevOps radio button on the left-hand side to see all of the DevOps labs.
4. Click a DevOps lab topic from the Popular Topics list on the left.
5. To choose a DevOps lab, click Start practicing on any lab listed on the right to begin learning.
6. Select a lab mode.
Once you select a DevOps lab, choose which mode you want to learn in. We offer multiple modes for each lab so users can select their level of guidance. Learn how to select a mode for a lab.
- Using Safari? Please review the last section in this article for important information.
7. Next, launch the Workspace.
After selecting the mode, click on the Launch button in the top-right corner to open the workspace associated with the lab.
*Please note the following items when using workspaces in labs:
- Do not add private and sensitive information: do not put any private company information (such as proprietary code) or any sensitive information (such as passwords) into the workspaces.
- Workspaces have 3-hour sessions: at the end of the 3-hour session, any running resources may be stopped, but you can resume your session, start up your resources, and continue working. Please note that any data recently entered may not be saved.
- If you are interested in learning more about labs, please reach out to our support team.
Note for Safari users
Udemy labs run in an environment isolated from udemy.com. You will need to allow third-party cookies in your browser settings to use the preview browser in these labs. You can change these settings in Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy. Be sure you are using the latest version of Safari and that the checkbox below is unselected: