The Questions & Answers (Q&A) dashboard is designed to help custom course creators monitor and respond to learner questions with ease and efficiency.
- Depending on your organization’s settings, the features to contact the instructor may be disabled. If this is the case, please contact your account’s administrator for additional information or assistance.
Accessing the Q&A dashboard
To access the Q&A dashboard, follow the steps below:
- From the home page of your account, click Teach in the top right corner to navigate to the Courses page.
- Click Communications on the left-hand side and select Q&A.
Here are some highlights:
- Review and respond to questions across all of your courses using either the single or double pane view.
- Filter for unanswered or unread questions. This allows you to get back to learners faster, keeping them more engaged in the course.
- Mark a response as the Top Answer to indicate the top response to other learners, or select a question and answer as a Featured Question.
- Access the lecture where the learner asked the question and view timestamps of when a question was asked and responded to. All of this provides additional context to learners’ questions to help you respond more efficiently.
Managing the Q&A dashboard
Marking your questions as "Read"
The message should automatically be marked as read when any of the below events happen:
- Course creator puts their cursor in the reply text field
- Course creator clicks anywhere in the message (to see all replies, open the discussion post, go to the learner’s profile, mark as helpful etc.)
The course creator can also manually mark the question as read or unread by clicking the dot at the top of the question.
The difference between unread and unanswered
Unread indicates that you, as the course creator, has not yet marked the question as "read". Unanswered means that no response has been marked as "Top Answer". Only the course creator and original poster can mark responses as "Top Answer".
Sorting by oldest to newest
When a course creator sorts questions by oldest to newest, the question time will be determined by the most recent response time.
Upvote a question or answer, or sort by most upvoted
You can recommend questions or answers you believe others should see by clicking on the upvote (arrow) icon.
You can also find and prioritize questions that have received upvotes from your learners, by using the Most upvoted filter.
Getting context for the question
If the learner asked a question within a particular lecture, you will see a link to the lecture right underneath the course title.