This article outlines the functionality that is currently supported when managing users via the CSV import feature.
Related articles regarding how to get started with and format your CSV import files are referenced below.
Actions admins can take via the CSV import feature
If you’re an admin for a Udemy Business account, you can use the CSV import feature to manage many users at once. You can use this feature to:
- Bulk import new users into your account
- Bulk add new and existing users to groups
- Bulk change user roles (e.g. from “user” to “admin”)
- Bulk assign Udemy Business Pro licenses to users
Actions that currently cannot be done
Currently, the CSV import cannot be used to:
- Change the name of a user.
- Create new groups.
- Remove users from a group.
- Remove users from your Udemy Business account.
- Reactivate users that are currently deactivated.
- Remove Udemy Business Pro licenses from users.
If you are interested in these, or any other Udemy Business features, please let us know.
- Currently the CSV template is only available in English.
- The CSV file must be encoded in UTF-8 format.
- The CSV import feature supports multiple delimiters (comma, tab, semi-colon etc.)
Organizations using System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM)
If your organization is using SCIM, you will not be able to modify groups managed in your Identity provider via the CSV import. SCIM managed users and groups will have a small link icon displayed next to their name in Manage Users pages. You can contact your IT team to complete this action via SCIM.
You can use the CSV import to assign SCIM-managed users to non-SCIM groups, as well as update user roles.