Assessments are a feature that helps learners identify their skill level in a topic and guides them to personalized content recommendations based on their skillset.
Please note: Assessments are only available to Udemy Business Pro users.
How to access assessments
Users who have access to the Aassessments feature can follow the steps below to access assessments:
1. Click Assessments tab on your home page (see image below), or from your My learning page.
2. Click Explore Assessments to browse or search for a specific assessment.
- As an admin, you can also assign assessments, which will generate an email to the relevant learner(s). Learn how to assign assessments and create auto-assign rules.
How to start and complete an assessment
1. To choose an assessment, click Take assessment on the assessment card.
2. Click Start assessment when you’re ready to begin.
3. Each assessment includes around 30 multiple-choice or multi-select questions and will take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
- If you exit the assessment before answering all the questions and come back within 24 hours, you can pick up where you left off. Otherwise, you can start a new assessment and will see a different set of questions.
4. For each assessment, you have two attempts available per 24 hours.
- By limiting assessment attempts, we aim to help you make the most out of your learning experience by encouraging you to take the time to engage with the learning content on Udemy Business. You can then re-apply your newly solidified knowledge when retaking the assessment.
5. Once you’ve completed the assessment, you will be brought to the results page, where you can view your overall score and dive into detailed explanations for each question.
- Learn more about assessment benchmarking scores.
6. You will also see a course recommended on the results page of the assessment. Once enrolled, you will see personalized guidance based on recommended areas of focus. Click Enroll now to jump into your personalized course recommendation.
7. Once you’re in the recommended course, you can see specific sections highlighted for you based on your skill set. The specific sections will be notated by a chevron symbol.
How to continue an in-progress assessment
You can find in-progress assessments and your most recent results on your home page. Click Continue with assessment to pick up where you left off.
You can also access your assessments and most recent results through your My learning page.