Using the Notes feature is an easy and quick way to mark important points of a lecture, without leaving the course player, so you can quickly return to it in the future. This article outlines how you can add Notes to course lectures, and access them moving forward.
For steps on how to create and access Notes on the Udemy Business mobile app please click here.
How to add a note to a lecture
If you wish to take a note within a specific point of a lecture, please follow the steps below:
1. When you come to a point in the lecture you would like to add a note, click the Notes tab below the screen. You can also use the keyboard shortcut "b" or “n” to create a note while watching video lectures.
To add a note while watching your course in fullscreen, simply select the note icon at the bottom of your course player.
2. If you wish to type a longer note, type your note into the field and hit enter to save it. Your note can include up to 1,000 characters. If you wish to create a note without adding text, simply click enter or select Save note.
3. The note will be indicated by a yellow bar. Moments where other users have taken notes will be indicated by blue bars (please note: the text within your note will not be visible to other users).
How to access your notes
You can access notes by selecting the Notes tab in your course player (as seen above). In this tab you can filter your notes by lecture, course, or recency. All notes for your course can be found within that tab. To go directly to a moment you’ve added a note to within a course, simply click on the note you wish to view, and you will be directed to that point in the lecture player.
You can also jump directly to any point you’ve added a note in a lecture, by clicking on the corresponding, yellow bar in the course player.
How to edit or delete notes
If you wish to edit the text you’ve entered for a note, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the note that you wish to change from the Notes tab in your course taking experience
- In the upper right hand corner of your note, select the edit icon
- Type the change that you wish to make and click enter
If you need to delete a note, select the trashcan icon located on the upper right hand corner of your note.