This article outlines the Labs' learning experience and how users can access the feature.
Please note: Labs only available to Udemy Business Pro users.
What are Labs?
Labs are a learning experience that allow learners to apply their skills by completing real-world projects using Workspaces.
- Please see below for important information regarding the use of Workspaces.
What Labs are available?
We currently have a limited set of Labs available as seen below:
- Horizontal scaling of EC2 instances using an Auto Scaling group with an Application Load Balancer
- Building Serverless Workflow to Process Files Uploaded to Amazon S3
- Ingest Sales Data in Real-Time to a Relational Database, using S3, Lambda, and RDS
- Automatic scaling and load balancing with EC2 and ALB
- Create a Decoupled Backend Architecture Using Lambda, SQS and DynamoDB
- Transform E-Commerce Clickstream Data for Analysis Using AWS Glue
- Analyze E-Commerce Clickstream Data with Amazon Athena
- Build and Monitor a Resilient System Architecture Using EC2, RDS Multi-AZ, CloudWatch and SNS
- Create a Custom Amazon VPC with Public and Private Subnets
We will release additional labs in the coming months.
How to access Labs
To access Labs, click on the Labs tab on your home page and Explore Labs.
You’ll then be brought to the Labs home page, where you will find all available Labs. Click on Learn more to start a lab.
Selecting a Lab mode
We offer multiple modes for users to select the level of difficulty of the Lab. Learn how to select a mode for a Lab.
*Please note the following items when using Workspaces in Labs:
Do not add private and sensitive information: do not put any private company information (such as proprietary code) or any sensitive information (such as passwords) into the Workspaces.
Workspaces have 3-hour sessions: at the end of the 3-hour session, any running resources may be stopped, but you can resume your session, start up your resources, and continue working. Please note that any data recently entered may not be saved.
If you are interested in learning more about Labs, please reach out to our Support Team.