To make it even easier to manage assigned learning, admins and group admins can now create a "rule" that automatically assigns learning (courses or learning paths) to new users added to a group.
How to access the Assign option and create an auto-assign rule
1. To create an auto-assign rule, navigate to the course or learning path you’d like to assign and click Assign.
2. Next, enter in the group you’d like to assign to and select the checkbox Automatically assign when new users are added to this group.
3. Select a due date: If you wish to select a Due date for the rule, you can select from two options:
- Select a specific, upcoming date on the calendar.
- All users assigned to a group will receive the same auto-assigned due date, regardless of when they are added to the group. So, for example, if a user is added to a group two days before the due date, they will have two days to complete the assignment.
- Auto-assign rules will be automatically deactivated after the calendar date expires.
- Or, set a due date based on how many days the assignee will have to complete the assignment after it’s assigned.
- For example, if you set an automatic due date of 30 days, all users assigned to this group will have 30 days to complete the course, regardless of when they are assigned to the group. The rule will not expire.
4. Once the assign rule is set, any messaging created with the rule will be sent to new users, so long as the rule is active.
Additional important notes:
- Imported courses cannot be auto-assigned.
- An auto-assign rule will be deactivated if a Udemy Business course is retired from the collection, a custom course is made private, unpublished, or deleted, or if the due date assigned has passed.
- While active assignment rules cannot be modified, admins and group admins can deactivate an active rule and create a new rule if they’d like to change the message, group(s) assigned, or due date.
- At least one user must be assigned to a group before an auto-assign rule can be created.