Getting a certification from a trusted third-party provider is a great way to demonstrate your expertise, learn new technologies and advance your career. Accordingly, Udemy has created a certification preparation feature, which helps you easily find content relating to third-party certification exams. This article outlines how you can review and select a certificate preparation experience that meets your learning needs.
How to access the Certification Preparation page on a browser
Learners can access the certification page on a browser by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to the home page of your Udemy Business account.
2. Move your cursor to Explore at the top left of the page and select Certification preparation.
Accessing the Certification preparation screen on the mobile app
If you’re using the Udemy Business mobile app, you can access the Certification preparation screen by following the steps below. Please be sure you’re using the latest version of the app so that you can access the certification preparation feature.
1. Tap the Search icon at the bottom of your screen.
2. In the Explore badges section, tap Certification preparation.
You can also access the Certification preparation feature by tapping the applicable section on the Featured screen.
Reviewing certification preparation experiences
See how the certification preparation experience on Udemy can help you:
- Choose the right certification that best aligns with your current role and career goals: explore learning content on Udemy to help you prepare for your certification exams.
- Study and prepare: Once you've selected a certification to prepare towards, you'll need to study and prepare for the exam. Udemy provides a range of courses to support your study and offers a variety of resources to help you prepare, including practice exams and documentation, as part of our courses.
- Stay organized: Keep track of what you have studied in My learning, see what you still need to cover, and what you have mastered. This helps you focus your efforts on the most relevant content.
- Stay motivated: Set learning events to help you stay motivated towards your learning goal. Remember why you are taking the certification and stay motivated by setting goals and rewarding yourself for your progress.
- Stay organized: Keep track of what certifications you are working towards in My certification preparation and My learning. Plan towards your goal by seeing what you still need to cover, and what you have mastered within Certification preparation>Learning in progress. This will help you focus your efforts on the most relevant content.
Remember, getting a certification is a valuable investment in your career, but it requires time and effort to prepare and maintain your certification. Good luck!
Please note: Learners will need to complete their certification exam through the official exam provider across these certifications. Udemy does not provide the certification exam, but rather, focuses on curating the highest quality courses to help your users prepare for and successfully pass their exams.
Will badges be added or removed and how will this impact my current learning?
At Udemy Business, we're dedicated to providing our customers with access to the highest quality badge-related content most relevant for workplace learning. As such, we are always updating the collection to make sure our courses and content are up-to-date and relevant. Therefore, there may be times when a badge is no longer available on the certification landing page. In this case, if the content is still available on Udemy Business, the learner can see this under My learning.
This could be due to:
- The applicable courses are retired and therefore, they are no longer available in a Udemy Business account. As a result, we can no longer support the related certification preparation experience.
- Badges may also be removed from the certification preparation experience, as part of quality checks for supporting content. In this case, courses will still be available for learners within My learning.
- New certification preparation experiences becoming available through new topics and courses curated into the Udemy Business catalog.