This article describes the Learner Communication Report data, access, and uses.
What is the Learner Communication Report?
The Learner Communication Report is a tabular report that displays the details of each instance of learners’ communication with others in a cohort, including via attachments. It allows administrators to analyze and audit all learner input in one view without navigating through a course to gather data.
Learner activity types included in Learner Communication Report:
- Breakout Group Discussion
- Private and Public Breakout Group Results
- Cohort Collaboration
Data fields for activity types included in Learner Communication Report:
- Activity Type
- Activity Name
- Breakout Group
- Post User
- Reply User
- Not all activities will have data for all fields, due certain functions only applying to certain activities.
- For a discussion reply entry, the original post is restated in the row for context.
- Default table sort is by Date.
How to access the Learner Communication Report
1. Click on the bar chart icon in the website header (note: if you do not see the icon, you are likely not a site owner or site admin and should contact your Customer Success representative to request this permission).
2. Click on the Learner Communication Report tile.
3. Click to expand the Filters section.
4. Populate the filter(s) for course and cohort desired. Note: This report may be run for one cohort at a time.
5. Click Run.
6. To export to csv, click the vertical ellipsis in the top right corner of the table, and ‘Download Data’. Note: please refrain from downloading as PDF from the gear icon.
What can I do with this data?
- Find compelling quotes from participants or moderators to use in a summary or for coaching purposes.
- Find themes in learner discussion to use in a summary and inform current or future initiatives. Consider using a word cloud generator to surface prominent keywords or phrases.
- Determine what posts/replies had the most likes to understand conversations that were attracting the attention of the cohort.
- Retain for compliance purposes.