This article outlines the steps an admin can take to trigger a password reset for a learner. Though learners can change their own password, periodically an admin may choose to trigger a password reset.
How to trigger a password reset using the Trigger Password Reset feature
1. Click on the admin tools icon on the top right of any page.
2. On the left panel, click Members.
3. Locate and click on the correct account. Tip: for faster navigating, use the search bar, status filter, and/or sort any columns in the page.
4. On the left panel, click Trigger Password Reset.
5. You will receive a message at the top of the Profile page letting you know that the password reset email was successfully sent. This means that the learner received an email with instructions to reset their password.
How to trigger a password reset using the Expire Password feature
Another option for admins wishing to reset a learner’s password is to expire the learner’s password so that they are forced to change their password the next time they log in. The difference between this option and the Trigger Password Reset option is that with this option, the learner does not receive an email notification about changing their password.
1. Follow steps 1-3 above.
2. On the Profile page, select the Expire Password checkbox.
3. Click Save at the bottom of the page.