This article describes how to view another account holder’s permissions, including their course history and role within each course and community of practice.
Why would an admin want to view a learner’s permissions?
There are several common reasons an admin would want to view a learner’s permissions:
- To check if a learner is enrolled in a course: Sometimes a learner says they cannot view a course they thought they were enrolled in, but an admin believes the learner was included in the roster. Checking a learner’s permissions will allow the admin to diagnose the issue (e.g. if the learner was enrolled using a different email address).
- To view the course history of a learner or another admin: Often, admins try to ensure that they are not asking too much of a Sponsor or another admin. Being able to see the previous courses that someone was a Sponsor or admin for helps with this goal.
How to view a learner’s permissions
1. Click on the admin tools icon on the top right of any page.
2. On the left panel, click Members.
3. Locate and click on the correct account. Tip: for faster navigating, use the search bar, status filter, and/or sort any columns in the page.
4. On the left panel, click View Permissions.
5. On the next page, you will be able to view the account owner’s roles in each of the courses and communities of practice they are in, including as a cohort member (i.e. learner), admin, etc.