This article describes how to modify an individual account profile as an admin. Most often, admins modify the profiles of Sponsors and learners.
If you are a learner wishing to update your profile, view our article about creating and editing your profile.
Why would an admin need to modify another account owner’s profile?
There are several common reasons an admin would update an account profile:
- Sponsor: Sometimes Sponsors and/or Executive Sponsors are listed in a course’s Featured User list but are not expected to update their profile themselves. Instead, an admin can add this information to their profile, such as job title.
- Learner: Admins may wish to change learner profile information for a variety of reasons. For example, if the learner’s email address has changed (due to an acquisition or name change), the admin should update the email address listed on the account to avoid the problem of a learner having multiple accounts. An admin may also wish to trigger a password reset, deactivate a learner’s account, and/or update the learner’s manager if the My Team feature is enabled.
Which fields can learners update themselves?
Learners can update their first name, last name, email address, title, location and bio.
How to modify an account profile
1. Click on the admin tools icon on the top right of any page.
2. On the left panel, click Members.
3. Locate and click on the correct account. Tip: for faster navigating, use the search bar, status filter, and/or sort any columns in the page.
4. Enter the information you wish to update in the appropriate field(s).
5. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Note: If your organization uses an automated data feed, make sure that any data you have updated is also updated in the source data system (typically an HRIS). Otherwise, the data from the source system will overwrite the updates you have made in the platform during the next feed.