As a custom course creator, you may wish to preview your course so that you can see how published lectures and resources will appear to learners. Or, you may need to download videos or resources that you’ve added to your course.
- Learn how to create a custom course.
Previewing your custom course as a “Student” or “Instructor”
By previewing your course as a “student” you can see what learners will see as they progress through your course. Please note that since learners cannot access unpublished lectures, only published lectures are visible when you preview your course as a student.
By previewing a course as an “instructor”, however, you can preview unpublished lectures (as well as published lectures) to see how they will appear to your learners.
To preview your course as a “student” or “instructor”, please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the course management page.
2. On the left-hand side of the page click Curriculum.
3. Click the arrow icon on the lecture you wish to preview, and then select as a Student or as an Instructor from the Preview menu.
4. You will be directed to that lecture in the course player, and you can also navigate through the course lectures and materials. Please note: The URL in the address bar is a temporary URL, and not the published course URL.
How to download your custom course content
By previewing your course as an instructor you can download all the content for your custom course, including the course videos. To download your course content, please follow the steps below:
1. Preview your course as an instructor by following the steps outlined above.
2. Click the gear icon at the bottom of the right of the course player to access the Download lecture option.
- Note: each lecture video must be downloaded individually, as there is no option to download a course in its entirety from the Curriculum page .
How to download course resources
To download other resources you've added to the custom course, click on the resource folder icons in the course player. The resources will appear, and you can download the files by clicking on the resource's title.