A mashup lecture displays a video and PDF document side-by-side so users can easily follow your lecture notes while they watch a video.
Adding a Mashup Lecture to the Course Curriculum
1. Navigate to the Curriculum page in your course management tools.
2. On the side, hover your cursor over the grey space within a section, where you want the mashup lecture to be placed. Click the + icon that appears.
3. Select Lecture, enter a title and click Add Lecture.
4. Next, click the +Content button that appears on the lecture item.
5. Select Mashup.
Upload Lecture Content
After adding the mashup to the curriculum, it's time to add content. Mashups are created with a video file and a PDF document. File uploads are limited to 1.0 GB.
Once the files are uploaded, they will begin processing. Depending on your internet connection speed, the files should take about 5 minutes to process.
- Add a video and PDF to the lecture by clicking upload video and upload PDF file (please note: currently files can only be added to mashup lectures via the browser uploader, and not the bulk file uploader)
- When both files finish uploading, you can preview the video and PDF.
- Click use this video and use this presentation when you're ready to continue.
Synchronizing Using the Text Editor
Once you have uploaded your video and PDF slide, you can synchronize the mashup lecture with the Text Editor. Add the slide and time in the format of slide (number), time (in seconds). Please note that the first slide must appear at the beginning of the lecture. Accordingly, 1, 0 must be entered for the first PDF slide. If you want the second slide to appear at say, the 20-second mark, then you would enter 2, 20. Another example, 6,420 means that the sixth slide in the presentation will appear after 8 minutes (420 seconds) after the video has started.
When you're finished synchronizing the slides with the video, click Continue & Preview. If you're satisfied with how everything looks, click Save & Continue. When you're ready to have the lecture appear in your course, click Publish.
Below is an example of how a finished mashup lecture will appear, when the video is selected for the foreground.
If a user clicks on the slide image on the bottom right, then the slide will switch places with the video, and will appear in the foreground.