This article outlines how admins can add and manage users using the CSV import feature.
Actions admins can take via the CSV import feature
If you’re an admin for a Udemy Business account, you can use the CSV import feature to manage many users at once. You can use this feature to:
- Bulk import new users into your account
- Bulk add new and existing users to groups
- Bulk change user roles (e.g. from “user” to “admin”)
You can download an example CSV file here.
Actions that currently cannot be done
Currently, the CSV import cannot be used to:
- Change the name of a user.
- Create new groups.
- Remove users from a group.
- Remove users from your Udemy Business account.
- Reactivate users that are currently deactivated.
If you are interested in these, or any other Udemy Business features, please let us know.
- The CSV import feature is not available to group admins.
- Currently the CSV template is only available in English.
- The CSV file must be encoded in UTF-8 format.
Organizations using System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM)
If your organization is using SCIM, you will not be able to modify groups managed in your Identity provider via the CSV import. SCIM managed users and groups will have a small link icon displayed next to their name in Manage Users pages. You can contact your IT team to complete this action via SCIM.
You can use the CSV import to assign SCIM-managed users to non-SCIM groups, as well as update user roles.
Getting started with your CSV import
To navigate to the CSV Import, take the following steps:
- Log into your Udemy Business account.
- Select Manage Users from the Manage menu at the top of the screen.
- Click Invite Users at the top right and then Import Users From CSV. A window will pop-up that enables you to add a unique message and upload your CSV file.
- Submit your CSV file. Learn how to format files for CSV imports.
Note: Each CSV file you import can be accompanied by one message. You may edit this message on the same window that appears when you submit your CSV file. The file size limit is 1MB.
Adding users to groups (Enterprise Plan only)
By including group names in the “groups” column of your CSV, you can add users to existing groups you have configured within the User Management section of your Udemy Business account. This works for new users, for users you’ve invited but have not yet logged in, and existing users in your account.
The group names in your CSV must match the group names in your Udemy Business account exactly. You can add a user to multiple groups by including multiple group names in the “groups” column, separated by a semicolon “;” character.
It is not currently possible to remove users from groups, or to create new groups, using CSV import.
Changing user roles
By including either “user” or "admin" in the “role” column of your CSV, you can give or remove administrator access. This works for new users, for users you’ve invited but have not yet logged in, and existing users in your account.
Enterprise plan users can also assign a group admin role.
Inviting new users to your account
Importing a CSV containing new email addresses will invite each person in your CSV file to your Udemy Business account via email. This email message can be crafted in the same window you use to upload your CSV file. Note that only one message may be used per CSV file upload.
It is not currently possible to remove users or groups through the CSV Import.
An email notification will automatically be sent to all new users included in the CSV file, who have not yet joined the account. Please note: an email notification will not be sent to any user that has already joined the account.
If you upload another CSV file at a later time or date containing the same list of users, any users who have yet to log into their Udemy Business account, will receive a further email invite (upon the successful completion of that CSV import).