Creating groups of users is an optional feature that allows you to segment your user base into specific groups for reporting purposes. Example groups could be setup as departments (e.g., Marketing or Finance) or office locations (e.g., San Francisco or London). You can add a user to more than one group.
If you plan to use this feature, we recommend creating all your groups before inviting users to join your account. Adding people to groups before they receive the invitation to join your account allows you to capture learning data by group from the very beginning, and saves you the trouble of adding users to groups later.
Please note: groups are available with the Enterprise Plan only.
How to create a user group
To create a group, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Access the Manage tab at the top of the screen and click on Manage Users from the drop down menu.
2. Click Manage Groups at the bottom left of the page.
3. Next, click Create Group.
4. Type in the group name. You can also add group admin(s) to manage the group. Learn more about Group Admins.
5. Finally, click Create Group again.
After the group has been created, you can also add users to it via the CSV import feature.
Editing or deleting user groups
To delete a group, change its name, or download the list of users in a group, click on the group name. Next, click on the ellipses icon (three-dots) to the right of the group title. You will see the following options: Export this Group, Group membership log, Edit group name, and Delete this group.