If you find you have a question about a course while you’re taking it, this article explains how you can quickly search for answers to your question in the Q&A, or ask the instructor.
- Depending on your organization’s settings, the features to contact the instructor may be disabled. If this is the case, please contact your account’s administrator for additional information or assistance.
- Instructors have the option to turn off the messaging feature.
How to use the Q&A
In the Q&A you can view answers the instructor or teaching assistant has posted to questions from all learners taking the course, as well as featured questions they may have selected or created for their course. In addition you can also ask your own question, if you can’t find an answer for it.
To access the Q&A, click the Q&A icon below the course player.
Next, type your question in the Search all course questions option, and if another learner has asked this question before it will appear below. Questions and answers containing the same words will also be included.
You can also use the filters that appear below the search bar to help you find the information you’re looking for.
If your question regarding course content hasn’t been asked before, you will be prompted to enter your question and submit it to the Q&A.
Please note that in order to ask a new question, text must be entered into the title field, so that the publish button is enabled.
The instructor’s availability
When asking a question, be sure to see if the course instructor has posted their availability in the Q&A and when you can expect an answer.
Follow a question and its responses
You can prioritize questions and responses you wish to monitor in the Q&A, by using the Follow Replies option. When a learner or instructor posts a response, we’ll send you a notification.
To stop following a question and the thread of responses, click on Following Replies.
Edit or delete a question or comment
If you need to edit your question or comment in the Q&A, or wish to delete it, click on the three dots that appear at the top right hand of your post.
Either the learner who asked the question, or the course instructor, can delete the post.
How to send a message to your course instructor
Using the Q&A is typically the fastest way to find or receive answers to questions you may have about a course. If direct messaging is enabled by the instructor of the course, however, you can send them a message by following these steps.
- Click Overview below the course player and then See More.
- Scroll down. You will see the instructor's profile at the bottom. Click on the instructor's name and you will be directed to their profile page.
- Click Send message.
- Compose a message and click Send.
- Since courses are owned and managed by the instructors, Udemy Business does not have any control or information regarding their response time.
- The messaging feature is not available on the Udemy Business mobile app.